Tuesday, January 3, 2023

Horror Hotel book review. Read October 2022.

 Title: Horror hotel

Author: Victoria Fulton & Faith McClaren

Number of pages: 256

Genre: Teen and young adult thriller/fantasy/suspense/supernatural mystery

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Do you believe in Spirts? Do you think they walk among us? What if you were the only one to see them? Well, all I got to say is I personally wouldn't want to see anything like what Chrissy saw! Chrissy is our main character who along with her friends Case, Kiki, and Emma have a YouTube famous Ghost hunting group called Ghost Gang. But while Case is the money, Emma is the tech, and Kiki is the smooth talker, Chrissy is the one who can see the dead, so when they decide to do a live stream of them investigating a hotel where a young girl who was traveling on her own was found in a water tank on the roof a few years back, Chrissy's anxiety skyrocketed. Will she be able to handle whatever awaits them? This book has a great mystery. it has its spooky parts and a bit of a twist, but if you're anything like me you can kind of figured it out right away 😅 Out of the 9 books I read this October I must admit that I found this one to be one of my favorites. Despite the fact that it's literally about the Cecil hotel just with all the names changed and a more modern setting. I've always been fascinated by that darn hotel and its tragic past so when I went on a hunt for horror books, I had to include something Cecil. Being that there were very little books on the topic, when I found this one, I didn't hesitate to order it! But if you're not into the whole taking a story from real life and just changing up the names things then you may find this book cheesy, especially the ending, but that's really my only complaint hence the four stars instead of five. 

Pros: Great story plot, spooky

Cons: Based on the Cecil hotel so if you're not into that you won't like it.

Recommended to: Those who loves a good spooky, mystery.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A diary of a haunting. Book of shadows book review October 2023

Title: Diary of a haunting: Book of shadows Author: M. Verano  Number of pages: 288 Genre: Horror/young adult/fiction Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ To work ...