Friday, January 6, 2023

Escape Room book review. Read October 2022

 Title: Escape Room

Author: Maren Stoffels

Number of pages: 224

Genre: Teen and Young adult mystery/thriller/suspense 

Rating: ⭐⭐⭐

We all love a great escape room, especially when you pay for a real experience, but what if the experience IS real? When sky invites his friends Alissa, Mint and Miles to one, they didn't expect much. They figured they would simply be figuring out a few puzzles and find a few clues to unlock the room in 60 minutes and they would be out and done with it. Sounded simple enough. But when they start to really listen to recordings that were meant to be clues playing on the speakers, they realize the recordings tell a story of someone who wants revenge. When the game becomes too real after someone gets hurt, they begin fighting their way to the finish, fighting for their very life's. 😱 I've done an escape room once and I really enjoyed it, so I figured I would like this book, and I wasn't wrong. Oh, though I did think it could have used some more action, and it dragged a bit at first, 😒 I thought this book was also pretty well written, it did keep me reading. I liked the plot, I also like the characters and there were a few things I didn't expect to happen. I wouldn't say it was scary, but it was suspenseful.  Oh, though I predicted the twist halfway 😅

Pros: Good plot with good characters.

Cons: Drags at first a little, lack of action.

Recommended to: Anyone who likes escape rooms and a good suspenseful thriller.


.




No comments:

Post a Comment

A diary of a haunting. Book of shadows book review October 2023

Title: Diary of a haunting: Book of shadows Author: M. Verano  Number of pages: 288 Genre: Horror/young adult/fiction Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ To work ...