Friday, January 6, 2023

Frightmares book review read in October 2022

 Title: Frightmares
Author: Eva V. Gibson
Number Of Pages: 288
Genre: Teen and young adult thrillers/suspense/mystery
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Do you like haunted houses?  Would you work at a haunted house? What if you found something while working one of your shifts? Something that you think is a prop...a mannequin maybe? Dave works at a rundown haunted house called Frightmares House of horrors, and after yet again another employee walked out Dave takes the shift, but while working his friend's role, he finds something truly frightening hidden on set...A dead body! When Dave comes back with reinforcements, the body is nowhere to be found! 😱 I really liked this book and almost have no complaints. The plot was spooky enough to keep me reading, and I really like the mystery behind it. oh, though I did figure out who did it halfway through. 😅 For this book I kind of did judge the cover a tad bit and thought it would be much scarier, but I was wrong, and I really should have known that giving the description. I can say it needed just a tad bit more action but that's my only complaint. I almost though it dragged at first, but it got to the point. It's a bit goofy, Dave has a bit of an interesting habit at first, I thought was kind of annoying but after a while, I found myself laughing at it. This book can be a bit cheesy, so if you're not into cheesy it's not for you. Other than that, I found it to be a good read. 😊

Pros: Good plot and mystery
Cons: Not enough action, a bit cheesy.
Recommended to: Those who like a goofy mystery.



No comments:

Post a Comment

A diary of a haunting. Book of shadows book review October 2023

Title: Diary of a haunting: Book of shadows Author: M. Verano  Number of pages: 288 Genre: Horror/young adult/fiction Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ To work ...