Friday, January 13, 2023

Evil Thing Book Review read in November 2022

Title: Evil Thing
Author: Serena Valentino
Number of pages: 352
Genre: Teen and young adult fairy tale/folklore
Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐


This was my first absolute favorite out of the Villan series next to Mistress of all evil! I felt bad for Cruella from the very bottom of my heart! 💔I always said people want to what they do that makes them evil, but people don't want to see what MADE them evil. Growing up Cruella had it all, beautiful dresses, toys a big lavish room, butlers and maids cooks and her own personal governess but what she really lacked was a loving mother, seeing as though her father was already very kind and always tried to make time for Cruella, her mother thought the best way to bond with her child was to buy gifts and send them to her while on holiday and only an hour a day together for brunch. While everyone around Cruella notices the neglect, she does not and will defend her mother until it's too late, even after the death of her father and everything she saw and heard about her mother, she defended her till the very end until the poor girl was left with absolutely nothing. I was never a huge fan of 101 dalmatians but I did like Cruella as a villain, so I really did enjoy this book and loved her whole background story, it makes sense it works very well with the movie and I felt so bad for her I really did, I cried so hard, it was just so well written, and I don't actually have much complaint over it just wish it was longer! 

Pros: Great back story that fits well with the movie.
Cons: Couldn't find anything I disliked about it😅
Recommended to: Disney and fairy tale fans. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

A diary of a haunting. Book of shadows book review October 2023

Title: Diary of a haunting: Book of shadows Author: M. Verano  Number of pages: 288 Genre: Horror/young adult/fiction Rating: ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐ To work ...